- Appropriate for grades 6-8 middle school (and higher level 5th graders)
- Lexile levels: 1100-1300 (2 Reading levels available per text)
- Corresponding questions and activities for all of the articles included.
- 5-7 questions each
- Hands-on, interactive projects/activities
- Students will highlight, underline, circle, and star their answers in the text to improve critical thinking skills.
- Cornell notes template for students if needed.
- Table of contents and detailed student directions on each activity page.
- Engaging, colorful graphics that can easily be printed in grayscale.
Science Articles Included
Bay of Fundy
Can You Hear Me Now?
Cave Food Pyramids
Cloning Extinct Species
Creatures from the Deep
Flying High: Hot Air Balloons
Hawaiian Hot Spots
Keep Austin Batty
Lifecycle of Salmon
Mapping the Ocean Floor
Mars: The New Frontier
Neil Degrasse Tyson
Use It or Lose It
Becoming an Astronaut
The Power of Likes
Where Does Your Trash Go?
Where Does Your Water Come From?
The reading passages now include files for your remote learning environments such as Google Classroom. Each article now includes:
- Online Student Answer Sheet (using Google Forms) for every reading passage
- Distance learning directions PPT and video tutorial
- PDF of each on-level reading passage without the answer key (can be sent to students)
- PDF of each modified-level reading passage without the answer key (can be sent to students)
- PDF of Student Answer Sheet (can be sent to students) for use with PDF editors when Google Forms aren't allowed